Friday, March 20, 2009

Long Live Late Night

Friday, March 20, 2009










Far be it from me to ever rag on the great Late Night Comedians...and I do not just mean Jimmy Fallon and Conan O'Brien. I am looking forward to the new Jay Leno Project at 10pm...followed by Conan's Tonight Show....followed by Jimmy Fallon. Yes occasionally I venture to the Late Late show with Craig Ferguson, but rarely do I go to Letterman. Perhaps Letterman is does not interest me due to my old favorite morning radio personality Adam Corolla stating that Letterman was cold to his guests (and staff) as opposed to Leno.
Jimmy Kimmel is cool but now I am thinking their may just be room for 1 Jimmy in late night... but we will see the progression of ratings and guests over the next year.
I will say that at first I was hesitant for Jay to outshine Conan by having a 10pm time slot prior to the new Tonight Show but now I realize all have something comedic to offer to various demographics.
Perhaps we can return to the golden days where late night talk shows where where the hipsters found their classy pop culture new (ie Johnny Carson, Merv Griffin) due to these economic times. Networks have stated that funding 10pm hour long drams are extremely costly and recently have not been bringing in the advertisement revenue as 10 years ago. Now it seems we should sit back and enjoy the various shows at are disposal instead of a once a week campy drama that may say the word 'shit' every now and then.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Tate Mode © 2008. Design by Pocket