Friday, March 20, 2009

NetFlix Review: Tamara..

Friday, March 20, 2009


Omg. The trials and tribulations of high school How I remember watching 'The Craft' with Rachel True, my high school obsession Fairuza Balk (also from Return to Oz) and the lovely yet random Neve Campbell. I just uncovered this movie from NetFlix and 'Tamera' totally reminded me of that great movie (and book) 'Carrie.' Not to be confused with the modern remake.

"This too shall past per," the English teacher. Ok the dialog in the movie may venture on the cheesy side via "sometimes love just ain't enough' coming from Tamera's father who looks like a 23 year old with a fake bald hair piece on

believe it or not i find myself now a Christian and i know the feeling of wanting to be accepted and frankly popular. and not popular because of resentment but because of truth. These sick teens tricked this girl to come and meet the teacher everyone knew she had a crush on. And then....OOPPPS! They kill her when she realizes she was set up. "I am not throwing my life away because of this loser. If we call keep our mouths she everyone think she ran away. No one has to know." Even those who were trying to be on her side decided to cover it up so they could get into college. Sick right?!? Yet very yuppie high school like. I can see plenty of my Pasadena peers during the teen years in this situation and not giving a damn just covering their own papered asses.

"We never talk about this. Ever!" now it is like "I Know What You Did Last Summer."
Tamera happens to be a witch from a long generation of the same. Yet it is still totally as if what would happen if Steven King's Carrie was killed in modern times...there would be REVENGE. THERE WOULD BE BLOOD!!!

All the guilt ridden spoiled teens return to school pretending nothing happened. Yet there is an empty seat, Tamara's seat. Then as the one girl with a conscious leaves the classroom in horror guess who arrives? A reborn, Hollywood makeover-ed Tamara. "Sorry I'm Late, rough weekend, almost died getting here." HAHAHAHA.

Then slowly and the new bombshell Tamara reemerges upon yuppie high school life she stocks and kills all those who wronged her. And rightfully so. I would say its a great movie but by the last 20mins I zoned out at 1 hour and 5 mins in (as i typaclly do) so I would give it a horror movie buff's B-, C+.

The film runs too long and I lost interest. lol.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Tate Mode © 2008. Design by Pocket